Well, Friends, it’s New Year’s Eve. 2014 is on its way out; 2015 stretches out in front of us. Thank you for being part of the daily dose of dogs (aka cats with your coffee) in the past year. I sure hope to have you along for the ride in 2015. My continuous first place WISH for Winnie’s Wish is FOREVER HOMES. There are Winnie’s Wishers in wonderful homes all over America and even in Canada. I hear from those great folks regularly. They tell me that whatever “extra” work, patience, adjustment, love, time, etc. that was required to give a Winnie’s Wish kitty a home with them . . . it was all worth it. They tell me they are deeply in love with their Wishers. And THAT would be how I continue to do this work!
Now I need to really focus on finding more forever homes. I’m at my maximum number for my license. And as hard as it is to believe now with Winter all around us, SPRING is the next season in line. That means one main thing here – Kitten Season. So I need homes.
AND . . . it looks like I WILL take a shot at raising the money to build on an addition to the Winnie’s Wish cathouse. It’s a TALL TALL order. I’ll be sitting down with my dad in the next few days to draw it up and do a more detailed cost estimate. The current rough estimate is $5,000. With the first very small room of the cathouse, and even when we added on the second larger room, Husband and I had some of the money we needed. Not this time. So we’ll literally have to raise the entire amount. This is very nerve-wracking. But I spent this past weekend reading back through all of the blog comments and emails that have come in since I first posted about adding on. Here are some of those comments from you wonderful supporters of Winnie’s Wish:
- I think the idea of adding a room to the cathouse can be done. Where there's a will, there's a way. And when a plan comes together, we're in.
- We will contribute! We think it can be done too!
- You indeed need another cat room. It could happen soon. Who knows what could be raised with fund raisers. Maybe an auction.
- I will help however I can....you need another room in 2015!
- You know we'll try to help.
- I would be honored to donate items to an auction if one is held for the new room addition at WW.
- Where there is a will, there is a way. Somehow this will happen Chrystal. I am sure we can think of something(s) that will provide the funding that is needed.
- I also hope you are able to move forward on building an addition to the cat house where the more timid cats can be together and feel safe.
- I think we are all ready to help in any way we can. Let's go for that additional cathouse room! A new room it WILL BE!
- Yes, I think it can be done! People will step up. They always do in this wonderful cat community! We can do this!!
- My advice on the addition. Build it; they will contribute.
How could I not be encouraged reading comments like these. And then, something happened that shoved me the rest of the way in. I received a Paypal donation from Winnie’s Wish Friend Mell. Here’s what she said: This is seed money for the new room. Hopefully, just the start of the snowball...;-) I believe, 100%, that you can do this.
And there it was. The first gift towards the BIG WISH. OK, Friends. Here we go. I’ll start working on this and I’ll keep you posted.
Setting aside the goal of a Winnie’s Wish cathouse addition, here are my New Year’s Resolutions:
See you next year!